Safety tips for deal
- Use a safe location to meet seller
- Avoid cash transactions
- Beware of unrealistic offers
Invitation for Tender (IFT)
Name of Contract: REHABILIATION IMPROVEMENT OF LOMLOM COASTAL RING ROAD
Contract Number: TI TP 29/21 CTB C 46/21
To All Eligible Contractors:
1. The Ministry of Infrastructure Development, hereinafter the “Purchaser,” shall fund this procurement from SIG budget.
2. The purchaser now invites sealed tenders from eligible and qualified tenderers for the above described Works.
3. To qualify for award of the Contract, tenderers shall meet the following minimum qualifying criteria;
(a) Minimum, average annual turnover (average annual gross sales) from construction business in the last five years equivalent to the tender amount;
(b) Experience as prime contractor in the construction of at least one successfully completed works of a nature and complexity similar to the Works in the last five years;
(c) Able to provide or acquire (by own, lease, hire, etc.) the essential equipment listed in the tender documents;
(d) A Construction Manager with five years’ experience in works of similar nature and volume, including no less than two years as Manager; and (e) Liquid assets and/or credit facilities, net of other contractual commitments and exclusive of any advance payments which may be made under the Contract, of no less than 20 per cent of the tender amount; (f) A consistent history of litigation or arbitrations awards against the Applicant, or any partner of a Joint Venture, may result in disqualification.
4. Tendering will be conducted through the SIG Standard Competitive Tendering Procedures. And is open to all Eligible tenderers as defined in the Tender Documents. The proposed contract is intended for REHABILIATION IMPROVEMENT OF LOMLOMCOASTAL RING ROAD
5. The work shall be carried out for a period of Eighteen (12) months for the Following specific Maintenance works during the entire contract period:
The works shall further include all other work which the contractor or may be obliged to by the terms of the contract to undertake together with any work which is necessary or incidental to the work and all associated coordination and supervision of such work.See attached in the tender document the locality of the project.
The Rehabilitation works shall be executed using the modern Machinery in accordance to the specifications provided with the incorporation of any appropriate method.
In the event that adverse weather conditions or any unforseen circumstance/s may have affected the works program, the Contractor shall notify their superintendent who may extend the completion date by a period determined by him/her without additional costs accruing to the contract, provided the contractor supportive documentary evidence to substantiate that the average inclement weather conditions or prevailing unforeseen circumstance/s is over and above such conditions that prevailed in that locality in the previous 10 years.
The works are to be completed in time such that the contractor is able to submit a Final Claim by the end of twelve (12) months after the date of commencement.
All litter, rubbish and waste material generated in carrying out the works must be properly disposed of: in accordance with all legal requirements; at least 50m away from the road; with the written agreement of landowners, and to the satisfaction of the employer.Refer also to clause 10: The Employer may instruct variations in accordance with conditions of contract, clause 10.1 for any maintenance works or related activities associated with the roads.
The specific works that are identified by the employer during contract execution shall also to be carried out by the contractor.
These specific works shall be instructed under emergent works in general items. All litter, rubbish and waste material generated in carrying out the works must be properly disposed of:
Interested eligible tenderers may obtain further information from:
Ministry of Infrastructure Development
Central Project Implementation Unit,
Melanesian Haus Town Ground Mendana
Avenue, Honiara, Solomon Islands Telephone No: 21322 or 22262
6. A complete set of Tender Documents on a CD may be purchased by interested tenderers upon payment of a non – refundable fee of SBD200.00 at the MID / MOFT Cashier. The method of payment will be by cash.
7. Tenderers are invited to attend the pre-tender briefing where the Purchaser will respond to any queries or requests for clarifications they might have on the tender documents. This pre – tender meeting will commence at 9:00 am on Thursday 16th September 2021 at CPIU Conference room at the above address
8. Tenders must be delivered to the address below at or before 2:00 pm Thursday 30th September 2021. Electronic tendering shall not be permitted. Late tenders will be rejected. The ChairmanCentral Tender Board Ministry of Finance and TreasuryPoint Cruz, Mendana Avenue Honiara
9. Tenders will be physical opened in the presence of the tender’s representative who choose to attend in person at the address below after 2:00 pm on Thursday 30th September 2021.Leaf Haus Ministry of Finance and Treasury Honiara
10. All tenders shall be accompanied by a Tender Security and a Copy of the SIG receipt confirming the purchase of the Tender Document.
11. The Central Tender Board is not bound to accept the lowest or any tender. Failure to comply with the tender instructions may lead to disqualification of the tender.
12. Any attempt by a tenderer to influence the award of the tender in their favour will result in automatic disqualification and may lead to criminal proceedings.
Mike Qaqara Director (Ag)
Mention classified.islesmedia.net when calling seller to get a good deal