Safety tips for deal
- Use a safe location to meet seller
- Avoid cash transactions
- Beware of unrealistic offers
CONSULTANCY OPPORTUNITY: ECONOMIST
The Parties to the Nauru Agreement Office (PNAO) is seeking to hire consultants to provide economic analysis and advice on PNA tuna fisheries, including:
a) Using an Economic Model of vessel operations to provide advice to Parties on vessel profitability, vessel day pricing and fishery value.
b) Providing information and analysis of the value of tuna fisheries to the Parties.
c) Providing advice on economic issues of tuna fisheries to the Parties and the PNAO.
d) Preparing and presenting papers as required for meetings of Parties.
e) Supporting Parties on economic issues at meetings of other organizations, including the WCPFC and FFA.
f) Supporting the CEO and other PNAO staff in accordance with the PNAO Business Plan.
g) Liaising with economics staff of the Parties and FFA.
h) Building economics capacity of the Parties.
i) Such other tasks as may be agreed between the Consultant and the PNAO CEO.
• Tertiary qualifications required in economics, fisheries management, or a relevant discipline from a recognised institution.
• Must be highly computer literate.
• Must have proven experience and ability to communicate effectively.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills in English including ability to read and write at a professional level in English.
• Must have detailed knowledge of PNA measures and economics processes.
• Must have experience and detailed understanding of the tuna fishing industry and its operations and compliance issues in the PNA.
• Minimum five years of work experience in tuna fishery policy or management field.
• Team player and builder.
The successful applicant will be offered a one-year contract with the possibility of extension.
The position is open to anyone, but preference is given to PNA nationals.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, a brief CV and 2 reference letters to email@example.com.
Closing date to submit applications will be Friday, January 21, 2022.
ADDRESS: PNA OFFICE – P.O Box 3992
Majuro, Marshall Islands (MH) 96960
Phone: (692) 625-7626/7627
Fax: (692) 625-7628
Mention classified.islesmedia.net when calling seller to get a good deal