Name of Contract: REHABILITATION OF CHOISEUL BAY TOWNSHIP ROAD (Length 6.08km) & TARO TOWNSHIP ROAD (2.2km)
Contract No: TI CHP 15/21 CTB C35/21
To All Eligible Contractors:
- The Ministry of Infrastructure Development, hereinafter called the “Purchaser,” shall fund this procurement from SIG budget.
- The Purchaser now invites sealed tenders from eligible and qualified tenderers for the above described Works.
- To qualify for award of the Contract, tenderers shall meet the following minimum qualifying criteria:
(a) Minimum average annual turnover (average annual gross sales) from construction business in the last five years equivalent to the tender amount;
(b) Experience as prime contractor in the construction of at least one successfully completed works of a nature and complexity similar to the Works in the last five years;
(c) Able to provide or acquire (by own, lease, hire, etc.) the essential equipment listed in the tender documents;
(d) A Construction Manager with five years’ experience in works of similar nature and volume, including no less than two years as Manager; and
(e) Liquid assets and/or credit facilities, net of other contractual commitments and exclusive of any advance payments which may be made under the Contract, of no less than 20 per cent of the tender amount;
(f) A consistent history of litigation or arbitration awards against the Applicant, or any partner of a Joint Venture, may result in disqualification.
- Tendering will be conducted through the SIG Standard Competitive Tendering Procedures, and is open to all Eligible tenderers as defined in the Tender Documents.
The proposed contract is intended for REHABILITATION OF CHOISEUL BAY TOWNSHIP ROAD (LENGTH 6.08KM) & TARO TOWNSHIP ROAD (2.2KM)
- The work shall be carried out for a period of Eighteen (18) months for The Following Maintenance works during the entire contract period:
- Provide adequate traffic control measures.
- General clearing, Grubbing, stripping and disposal of top soil, prepare sub-grade.
- Scarify, grade, level and compact gravel road. Supply, Spread and compact selected fill materials on depression and shoulder
- Supply, spread and compact base coarse materials with 4% normal cross-fall.
- Thoroughly compact the base of the excavation to 98% of the Maximum Dry Density as determined by AS 12184.108.40.206 or a standard acceptable by the Engineer.
- Remove all unsuitable materials.
- Fill with an approved base material to comply with gradation approved standard or as approved by the Engineer. In layers of not less than 50mm nor greater than 100mm loose measurement.
- Moisten the material as necessary to achieve optimum water content to allow maximum compaction of the road base.
- Compact each layer to 95% of maximum Dry Density as determined by AS 12220.127.116.11 or as approved by the Engineer.
- Construct Lined drains at Locations approved by the Engineer.
- Construct Reinforced culverts and Concrete Headwall.
- Bridge maintenance of log Bridge
The specific works that are identified by the employer during contract execution shall also to be carried out by the contractor.
These specific works shall be instructed under Emergent works in general items. All litter, rubbish and waste material generated in carrying out the works must be properly disposed of:
Interested eligible tenderers may obtain further information from:
Ministry of Infrastructure Development
Central Project Implementation Unit,
Melanesian Haus Town ground
Honiara, Solomon Islands
Telephone No.: 21322 or 22262
- A complete set of Tender Documents on a CD may be purchased by interested tenderers upon payment of a non- refundable fee of SBD200.00 at the MID / MOFT Cashier. The method of payment will be by cash.
- Tenderers are invited to attend the pre-tender briefing where the Purchaser will respond to any queries or requests for clarifications they might have on the tender documents. This pre-tender meeting will commence at 10:00 am on Monday 6ndSeptember 2021 at CPIU Conference room at the above address
- Tenders must be delivered to the address below at or before 2:00 pm on Thursday 16thSeptember 2021. Electronic tendering shall not be permitted. Late tenders will be rejected.
Central Tender Board Ministry of Finance and Treasury
Point Cruz, Mendana Avenue Honiara.
- Tenders will be physical opened in the presence of the tender’s representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below after 2:00pm on Thursday 16thSeptember 2021. Leaf Haus Ministry of Finance and Treasury Honiara
- All tenders shall be accompanied by a Tender Security and a copy of the SIG receipt confirming the purchase of the Tender Document.
- The Central Tender Board is not bound to accept the lowest or any tender. Failure to comply with the tender instructions may lead to disqualification of the tender.
- Any attempt by a tenderer to influence the award of the tender in their favour will result in automatic disqualification and may lead to criminal proceedings.
Mike Qaqara Director (Ag)
Mention classified.islesmedia.net when calling seller to get a good deal