Safety tips for deal
- Use a safe location to meet seller
- Avoid cash transactions
- Beware of unrealistic offers
Invitation For Tenders
|Name of Contract||Contract Number|
|URGENT REHABILIATION OF UNSEALED ROAD, HENDERSON ACK PERIMETER ROAD||TI HON 06/22 CTB C 58/22|
To All Eligible Contractors:
To qualify for award of the contractor, tenderers shall meet the following minimum qualifying criteria:
a) Minimum average annual turnover (average annual gross sales) from construction business in the last five years equivalent to the tender amount;
b) Experience as prime contractor in the construction of at least one successfully completed works of a nature and complexity similar to the works in the last five years;
c) Able to provide or acquire (by own, lease ,hire, etc.) the essential equipment listed in the tender documents;
d) A Construction Manager with five years’ experience in works of similar nature and volume, including no less than two years as Manager; and
e) Liquid assets and/or credit facilities, net of other contractual commitment and exclusive of any advance payments which may be made under the Contract , of no less than 20 per cent of the tender amount;
f) A consistent history of litigation or arbitration awards against the Applicant, or any partner of a Joint Venture, may result in disqualification.
4. Tendering will be conducted through the SIG Standard Competitive tendering Procedures and is open to all eligible tenderers as defined in the Tender Documents.
The proposed contract intended for URGENT REHABILIATION OF UNSEALED ROAD, HENDERSON BACK PERIMETER ROAD.
5.The work shall be carried out for a period of four (4) months for The Following Maintenance works during the entire contract period:
The guidelines herein are provided for the information on the contractor to assist in the submission of Tender Rates and Prices for the Bill of Quantities. This guide will also set the standard general technical specification for actual Road Rehabilitative Maintenance Works. If however ,the contractor intends to depart from the method set out in this guide, the Engineer responsible shall pre-approve the new proposed method.
The work to be carried out under this contract comprises the “URGENT REHABILIATION OF UNSEALED ROAD;” Henderson Airport Back Perimeter Road (3.750 km)” [hereinafter HIA-BR] on the eastern fringe of Honiara City on Guadalcanal Island in the Solomon Islands [Refer to LOCATION MAP]
The work shall be carried out for a period of sixteen (16) weeks [equivalent of 4 months], which includes a one-off rehabilitation work along the HIA-BR. A ‘Defects Liability Period’ of six (6) months shall commence after the works have been deemed ‘Practically Completed’ and certified to that effect.
Unsealed Road Rehabilitation Works
Strip & grade (heavy to medium) the entire formation width to required camber and compact existing gravel road sub–base and/ or sub-grade pavement layers, Excavate & remove all unsuitable base and/or sub-grade materials at areas identified as ‘SoftSpot, and thoroughly compact the base of the excavation to 95% of the Maximum Dry Density as determined by AS 12126.96.36.199 or a standard acceptable to the engineer. Supply approved select fill materials complying with gradation approved standard or as approved by the Engineer, and compact in layers of not less than 50mm, nor greater than 100mm loose measurement. Moisten the materials as necessary to achieve optimum water content to allow maximum compaction of the road base, rectifying said ‘Soft Spots’;
Supply, spread and layered –compact approved granular base layer (200mm thick);
Compact each layer to 98% of maximum Dry Density as determined by AS 12188.8.131.52 or as approved by the Engineer. Vegetation trimming, clear roadside & mitre-drains, and de-silt existing culvert-line (incl. cleaning of culvert inlets and outlets), Properly dispose all spoils from the works at designated disposal site (or as per Engineer’s approval)
The work shall further include all other works, which the Contractor is or may be obliged to undertake by the terms of the contract, together with any work, which is necessary or incidental to the work and all associated coordination and supervision of such work.
The work shall comply with the ministry of infrastructure development (MID) specification for road maintenance:
1. MID specification for road and bridge works, 2013.
2. MID specification for road maintenance, 2013.
The specific works that identified by the employer during contract execution shall also to be carried out by the contractor. These specific works shall be instructed under emergent works in general items. All litter, rubbish and waste material generated in carrying out the works must be properly disposed of;
Interested eligible tenderers may obtain further information from:
Ministry of Infrastructure Development Central Project Implementation
Unit Melanesian HAUS,
Town Ground Honiara
Telephone No.:21322, or 22262
6. A complete set of Tender Documents on a CD may be purchased by interested tenderers upon payment of a non – refundable fee of SBD 200.00 at the MOFT or MID cashier. The method of payment will be by cash.
7. Tenderers are invited to attend the pre –tender briefing where the Purchaser will respond to any queries or requests for clarifications they might have on the tender documents. This pre- tender meeting will commence at 1:00pm on Monday 28th November 2022 at CPIU Conference room at the above address
8. Tenders must delivered to the address below or before 2.00pm on Thursday 1st December 2022 Electronic tendering shall not be permitted. Late tenders will be rejected.
Central Tender Board
Ministry of Finance and Treasury Point Cruz, Mendana Avenue, Honiara
9. Tender will be physical opened in the presence of the tender’s representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below after
2.00pm on Thursday 1st December 2022
Leaf Haus Ministry of Finance and Treasury Honiara
10. All tenders MUST use the SIG Form of Tender in the Tender Documentation and shall be accompanied by a Tender Security and a copy of the SIG receipt confirming the purchase of the Tender Document.
11. The Central Tender Board is not bound to accept the lowest or any tender. Failure to comply with the tender instructions may lead to disqualification of the tender.
12. Any attempt by a tenderer to influence the award of the tender in their favour will result in automatic disqualification and may lead to criminal proceedings.
Mention classified.islesmedia.net when calling seller to get a good deal