Safety tips for deal
- Use a safe location to meet seller
- Avoid cash transactions
- Beware of unrealistic offers
Diesel Fitter/ Mechanic
Bemobile (Solomon Islands) Limited invites application from qualified individuals for the position of Diesel Fitter/Mechanic. Reporting to the Technical Manager, the position will play an active role in scheduling routine maintenance of generators, maintaining and troubleshooting electrical power systems, attending callouts for Genset failures and carrying out engine overhauls of our diesel generator fleet.
Duties and Responsibilities includes:
• Schedule routine maintenance of gensets
• Troubleshoots and repair issues on gensets
• Repair engine related mechanical failures
• Overhaul and servicing of diesel generator fleet
• Maintain inventory of spare parts
• Initiates procurement of replacement supplies
• Prepare cost and material estimates
• Collect data for maintenance systems
• Maintains logs and close off pending work orders
• Prepare reports and other duties as directed from time to time.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Diploma in Mechanical Trade from a reputed institute
• Extensive experience working with commercial or industrial power systems/
• Minimum of 3 years in a genset-based environment with electrical knowledge of diesel generators and automatic transfer switches especially for telecommunications purposes/
• Have good understanding of Telecommunications -48V DC power systems
• Familiar with Genset controllers especially Deep Sea Controllers and Power Wizards
• Familiar with operations of generators varying from 6.5 to 88 KVA
• Have basic knowledge of earthing systems employed in the telecommunications network
• Demonstrate a good working knowledge of diesel generators and ATS systems in standby power systems
• Demonstrate a good working knowledge of battery banks and proper installation and maintenance practice
• Able to travel to remote areas
• Valid drivers license.
• Have own set of basic tools
• Sober habits and excellent time management skills.
Competitive remuneration in line with experience and qualifications. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Bmobile is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply:
• Cover Letter
• Certified copies of qualifications and CV with name and contact details of 2 professional referees.
Applications to be addressed to:
Human Resources Manager Bmobile SI Limited PO Box 2134 Honiara, Solomon Islands Please direct all applications via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or can be hand-delivered at our Head Office, located at Grand Plaza Building (Top Floor), Town Ground.
Closing Date: COB February 18, 2022.
Applications will be assessed as they are received. Only shortlisted applications will be contacted.
Facebook link : bmobile
Website link : bmobile
Mention classified.islesmedia.net when calling seller to get a good deal