Safety tips for deal
- Use a safe location to meet seller
- Avoid cash transactions
- Beware of unrealistic offers
SOLOMON ISLANDS NATIONAL YOUTH CONGRESS
Job Title & Position : General Secretary
Job Summary: The General Secretary manages the Secretariat of the Solomon Islands National Youth Congress (herein referred to as “the Congress”), under the guidance and supervision of the Executive Committee (herein referred to as “the Committee”) and according to the policies and procedures set forth in the Congress’ Constitution and by the Committee. Accountable and answerable to Committee on all matters relating to SINYC
Term: 36 months (with possibility for extension)
Responsible to: SI National Youth Congress (SINYC) Executive Committee
Salary: Salary is at Level 13.10 of the Public Service Unified Salary Structure 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities:
•Lead and manage the Congress’ secretariat: Programming, Program management, Problem solving (within resource available), Performance reporting, human resource management, Financial Accounting and Reporting, Planning, Donor-member-Public
•Liaise with the Youth Development Division (YDD) of the Ministry of Women, Youth, Children and Family Affairs (MYYCFA) in the implementation of the National Youth Policy (NYP) through the Congress’ Advocacy, Networking and Youth development
• Act as a secretary at every Committee meetings; arrange venue and support for NYC and Committee meetings, on the Committee’s behalf notify members of meetings’ minutes; distribute minutes within two weeks of meeting, keep the list of members up-to-date and available to the
• Report to the Committee annual human resource management plan (including staff training and development); and annual budgets for review and approval by the Committee sixty (60) days before the start of the financial
• Prepare a draft Annual Work Plan for the Secretariat for the Committee’s review and approval.
• Updating the Congress’ Corporate Plan for submission to the Committee within sixty (60) days before the start of the financial year days on planned versus actual accomplishments, failures and unplanned benefits and recommendations for the Committee’s deliberations and approval.
• Manage the Congress’ assets (monies, property and accounts) as instructed by the Committee and the Constitution; report monthly to the Committee within 10 days of the end on all of the NYC’s income, expenditures and balances during the report month, and on anticipated future 3 months of income and expenditures; ensure the NYC’s accounts are independently audited, and each year’s audit report submitted to the Committee within 60 days of the end of each financial
•Represent the Congress and young people of Solomon Islands in National, Regional and International seminar, conferences and forums;
•Develop and maintain relationships with development partners and potential donors, youth groups, youth service providers etc.; to help achieve the NYP and Congress’ Corporate Plan goals; and
•Develop and maintain relationships with the media to promote the visibility of the nation’s youths their needs and contribution. This may include drafting and, with the Committee’s approval, issuing of press
Has a Diploma or Degree in Social Work, Youth studies, Community Development or related fields; demonstrated wide experience working with youth development organizations at the national level.
1. Self-starter; able to initiate action within the law and existing procedures to achieve the Congress’
2.At least five years management experience, including at least two years as program manager or higher, in youth gender or community development, with responsibilities that included staff supervision and financial management and
3.Demonstrated proficiency in MS office
4.Able to remain calm and positive in a complex multi-stakeholders work
5.Communication skills that includes fluency in both Pijin and English, the ability to write papers, reports, press releases, etc.; to international standards and to communicate with a wider variety of
Application to include:
1.Cover memo (maximum 1 page) including expectation regarding remunerations and housing;
All applications to be addressed to: Chairman, Solomon Islands National Youth Congress Executive Committee. Clearly indicate your envelope or email – “General Secretary SINYC”. Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
You may contact Mr Olofia on phone 7867212 or Ms Oeta on phone 7130226.
Closing date: 4pm Friday 12th November 2021.
Applications received thereafter will not be considered.
Mention classified.islesmedia.net when calling seller to get a good deal