Safety tips for deal
- Use a safe location to meet seller
- Avoid cash transactions
- Beware of unrealistic offers
EXCITING JOB OPPORTUNITY
Office of the Parties to the Nauru Agreement
The Parties to the Nauru Agreement (PNA) control the world’s largest sustainable tuna purse seine fishery. The Nauru Agreement is an agreement between eight Pacific Island countries (the Parties): Federated States of Micronesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, and Tuvalu, to cooperate in the management of their tuna fisheries.
The PNA Office (PNAO) was established in January 2010 with its headquarters in Majuro, Marshall Islands, to support the Parties in their work. A key responsibility for the PNAO is the administration of the Vessel Day Scheme (VDS) for purse seine and longline fishing in the oceanic waters of the PNA.
The PNAO is a small team of Pacific Island nationals from different Party countries with a culture rooted in the Pacific way of tolerance and regional interconnectedness – a way of doing things that is different to the way things are done in western and Asian countries. The PNAO has diplomatic status in the Marshall Islands.
Reporting to the Policy Manager, the position is office based and has day to day responsibility for matters relating to cooperative compliance arrangements of the Parties, and compliance with obligations of the Parties to tuna management measures.
• Support the PNA Compliance Committee.
• Coordinate consultation between Parties on inter-Party compliance incidents and issues.
• Prepare reports and advice on compliance with the provisions of the VDS.
• Provide support for the implementation of Nauru Agreement Implementing Arrangements, and compliance with those Arrangements.
• Prepare and present, as required, compliance report papers for meetings of the VDS Scientific and Technical Committee, PNA, Palau Arrangement, FSMA, US Treaty and the PNA Compliance Committee.
• Support Parties on compliance policy matters at meetings, including meetings of WCPFC and FFA bodies.
• Support activities for building the capacity of staff of the Parties in compliance.
• Provide support for the PNA CEO and other staff on compliance matters in accordance with the PNAO Business Plan.
• Undertake analyses of compliance by Parties with provisions of the LL and PS VDS, and PNA management measures.
• Support the establishment and operation of the PNA Inter-Party Compliance Process, including coordinating consultation between Parties on inter-Party compliance incidents and issues and facilitating resolution of inter-Party compliance issues.
• As directed, gather relevant data, undertake analysis, research, and provide ideas and advice on compliance issues.
• Support the CEO in presentations, briefings, and discussions of compliance-related proposals to PNA meetings and government officials.
• Tertiary qualifications required in fisheries management, fisheries law, or a relevant discipline from a recognised institution.
• Must be highly computer literate.
• Must have proven experience and ability to communicate effectively with high level Government officials.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills in English including ability to read and write at a professional level in English.
• Must have detailed knowledge of PNA measures and processes and WPFC compliance processes.
• Must have experience and detailed understanding of the observer operations, tuna fishing industry and its operations and compliance issues in the PNA.
• Minimum five years of work experience in Tuna fishery compliance or management field.
• Strong understanding of, and familiarity with, the VDS, Palau Arrangement, FSMA, PNA Implementing Arrangements, WCPFC CMMs and the FIMS.
• Team player and builder.
The successful applicant will be based in Majuro, Republic of the Marshall Islands and will be offered a three-year contract and an attractive benefits package including tax free base salary, superannuation, relocation costs, travel costs, accommodation and education allowances.
This position is open to Citizens of the 8 PNA Countries and Tokelau only.
Facebook link : PNA Tuna
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, a brief CV and 2 reference letters to email@example.com. Closing date for submission will be January 14, 2022.
Mention classified.islesmedia.net when calling seller to get a good deal