SIAVRTC Vacancy 2/2022
Leadership facilitators and coaches – part-time roles
The Solomon Islands Association of Vocational Rural Training Centre (SIAVRTC) is a Non-Government Organization (NGO) established under the 5 existing Faith Based Organizations.
SIAVRTC is the umbrella and the Governing body for the 68 RTCs (RTCs & VRTCs) that exist as TVET training providers in the country.
Under a Partnership Understanding with the Caritas Aotearoa New Zealand, He Oranga Taurikura Programme the SIAVRTC is looking for experienced individuals or teams (2 males and 2 females) who has/have a passion to work with communities and RTCs in the country. Whoever is selected will become the counterpart and he/she/they will be trained and coached to deliver the SIAVRTC’s Management and Leadership training programs, and others.
We want people who will work with our Overseas Training Facilitator as leadership facilitators/coaches and they must have some experience in public presentation.
- We are looking for people with the following background:
- Coaching and mentoring experience;
- Some experience in a senior / leadership role;
- Able to show strong empathy and emotional intelligence;
- Be a good communicator;
- A strong listener;
- Experienced or interested in action learning;
- Strong facilitation skills;
- Great presentation skills;
- Creative and innovative.
Skills and Ability:
- Well-developed computing skills including using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- High level of written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skill;
- Ability to design basic presentations and deliver these to groups;
- Understanding of the principles of adult learning;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Effective time management skills;
- Ability to work as a member of a small team;
- Willing to learn alternative/new teaching approaches;
- Ability to understand and comply with the common-sense Code of Conduct and follow all the laws, policies and procedures which relates to improving gender equality and creating safer workplace.
The Counterpart will be required to:
- Work across SIAVRTC to contribute to improving management, monitoring and capacity building;
- Support the 10 RTCs, the school management and the principals;
- Support the principals’ leadership development under the overall guidance of the Program Coordinator and SIAVRTC Director;
- Develop other teaching materials considering the different environment of the RTCs;
- Offer advice and guidance as required on people management.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a leadership role;
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively;
- Proven success in individual, organizational and management, strategic planning, capacity development and sustainability of efforts, particularly the demonstrated ability to share knowledge, mentor and coach people and achievement of output in a cross-cultural environment;
- Demonstrated commitment to gender equality and social inclusion;
- Proven ability to analyses and manage risks and identify sustainable solutions in solving complex problems.
These roles could be based anywhere in Solomon Islands but will require regular access to teamwork in Honiara.
All applications must reach the Director SIAVRTC before Friday 24th June at 4.30pm.
Applications received after 4.30pm this date Friday, March 24th will not be considered.
The Solomon Islands Association of Vocational Rural Training Centre (SIAVRTC) is supported by Caritas Aotearoa New Zealand HeOranga Taurikura Programme and MFAT.
Our Mailing Address:
Solomon Islands Association of Vocational Rural Training Centres (SIAVRTC)
PO BOX 2083 HONIARA
TEL No: (677) 30618/30616 Mob: (677) 7417922 Email: email@example.com
Mention classified.islesmedia.net when calling seller to get a good deal